Arsenal Fans Store

Arsenal Fans Blog

Proud to be an Arsenal Fans

ARSENE WENGER EXPECTS A TOUGH CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW



Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expects a tough draw today for their Champions League qualifying round.

Despite the Gunners being one of 16 seeded teams, they could still face a tough test against the likes of Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray or Sparta Prague, who all inhabit the unseeded portion of the draw.

Wenger told Arsenal TV: "There are quite a few teams we would like to avoid. That is why it is better not to look at it. We will just take who we get.

"We just have to improve now, to use the two tournaments we play to get physically stronger and better, then we will play who we get."



Stuttgart goalkeeper Jens Lehmann says Arsenal are a far superior football team than Premiership rivals Manchester United and Chelsea.

"It was good to play Arsenal," he said after last night's friendly. "Technically and football-wise, they are far ahead of Manchester United and Chelsea.

"Ever player who leaves the club seems to do less well but I hope to be different in my final season.

"Arsenal's young players have grown in maturity from last season.

"But it is difficult to say about their title chances as the competition is tight."



Arsenal captain William Gallas has dismissed interest from PSG.

On his personal website, williamgallas.net, Gallas said: "I do not know where this rumour came from, but I've never had any contact with PSG.

"Personally, I feel very happy at Arsenal, at the end of this season I will have one year on my contract and a return to France is, for now, not on the agenda."


Arsenal are set to revive a bid for Hearts of Oak teenager Tawrick Jibril.

The Ghana midfielder had trials at Arsenal at the end of last season, but was set to join Atletico Madrid. However, the Spanish club have failed to close the deal and Ghanaian sources say Arsenal are back in for the youngster.



Arsenal striker Jay Simpson has revealed Millwall wanted to sign him permanently this summer.

He told Arsenal TV Online: "The manager (At Millwall) said to me that he wanted me to stay but I wanted to come back to Arsenal and try and get in the team.

"The boss (Arsene Wenger) told me to focus on pre-season, which I'm doing. So I'm just trying to work hard out here, learn as much as I can from this trip and hopefully take it back to England when we go back."



Tottenham's new signing ex. Arsenal David Bentley is delighted with his move from Blackburn Rovers.

He told a news conference: "It means the world to join Tottenham.

"Gazza was my favourite player, all my mates are Tottenham fans and there's a piece of my heart at this club.

"I didn't think they would be interested in me and when it became available there was nowhere else I wanted to go."

Asked about the fact he began his professional career with Spurs' north London rivals Arsenal, Bentley said: "That's in the past, I grew up through the Arsenal youth team but it's not a problem for me, all my heart is at Tottenham and all my passion will be tunnelled into doing well for Tottenham."

He immediately targeted a challenge for Champions League qualification, which would require big-spending Spurs breaking up the dominance of the division's 'big four'.

"We can do anything we want, anything we put our minds to. You've seen what Juande Ramos did last year; the fitness and level of play has risen and I want to be part of that, hopefully we'll keep progressing and doing well.

"It's all there for us - if we're all up for it it's quite possible."

Bentley continued: "I'm excited by it. There are a lot of good players here, you look at (Luka) Modric, Giovani dos Santos and I'm looking forward to fitting in the side somewhere.

"Making the move here was an easy decision to make to be honest. I've been trying my hardest to come here and be part of this. All my friends are season ticket holders. All I want to do is just get out there."

Spurs boss Juande Ramos added: "I'm sure he will bring the best ability to our team and we can help him maximise his potential.

"We are in a state of preparation now, it's pre-season, we are trying to share out the players on the field. We'll assess him fitness-wise and try and get him into the team as soon as possible."

Bentley has no doubts about the former Sevilla boss' prowess, adding: "Working under someone like Ramos is great. He's going to get the best out of me.

"I've got a lot of respect for him for what he's achieved. I've talked a lot to the other players about him and I'm sure he'll push me on to the next level. He's really good.

"I've been training and spent seven to 10 days on my own doing a lot of running knowing hopefully that the deal will go through. It's been very emotional.

"I aim to be as successful as I can. I'm going to give as much as I can. I've come here with a big price tag and I have to repay Tottenham with all my heart."

People who read this post also read :




ARSENAL FIRST TEAM 2011-2012

SUBSCRIBE ARSENAL FANS BLOG IN A READER

ARSENAL FC NEWS

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

PREMIERSHIP NEWS