Arsenal Fans Store

Arsenal Fans Blog

Proud to be an Arsenal Fans

EDUARDO WILL BE BACK!! WATCH FOR A REAL GUNNERS ACE



Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has revealed he expects Croatia striker Eduardo da Silva to make a successful return following his rehabilitation from a broken leg.

The 25-year-old is making good progress having spent time back in his native Brazil, and is on target to meet his nine-month recovery schedule.

Eduardo is set to return to England and watch his team-mates in the Emirates Cup on August 2, after which he will be assessed by the Arsenal medical team.

"We hoped he would be back earlier, but it is very difficult to say," Wenger said.

"It will be three or four weeks more [until he comes back to England], but I don't really know yet."



Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger also insists there's no rift with unsettled striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

"I speak to everybody. We don't make a case of anybody especially," Wenger maintained. "We prepare as a team and we focus on preparing well. Adebayor is like everybody else."

The Arsenal manager added: "The day we sell someone we will inform you like we always did.

"As for the rest we will not go into individual happenings on the football market. Otherwise we would never finish."

And the other side Emmanuel Adebayor has admitted to Arsenal teammates he may stay this season.

Adebayor fears he has blown his move to Barcelona, says The Sun.

The Spanish giants are unimpressed by the Arsenal striker's attitude and will not pay the £37.5million asking price.

And Adebayor told a team-mate: "I'm not sure if I'm going to leave now."

AC Milan dropped out of the chase for the Togo star and Barca coach Pep Guardiola is not happy with his massive wage demands and the attitude of Adebayor's advisors.

The striker is after £120,000 a week - four times his current wages.



Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia will qualify for England this season.

The Spaniard will gain a British passport on December 29 this year, which will qualify him to play for England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.



Arsenal defender Kolo Toure is expected to be OK for the start of the season.

Toure is recovering from malaria at the Gunners' Austrian training camp and expects to be fit for the new season.

He could even feature in some of the pre-season friendlies.



Miguel Veloso is prepared to stay with Sporting Lisbon this season.

Despite interest from Arsenal and Manchester United, Veloso isn't angling for a move away from Sporting and will only consider leaving if a major club makes a concrete proposal.

Juventus attacker Sebastian Giovinco will be watched by several Premiership clubs at next month's Beijing Olympics.



Giovinco is waiting to discuss a new contract with Juve and will be scouted by Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United while in China, says the Daily Star.



West Ham are battling to keep Freddie Sears away from Premiership rivals.

The Sun says the Hammers plan to offer whizkid Sears a long-term deal in a bid to stave off interest from Arsenal and Tottenham.

The home-grown striker, 18, only signed a two-and-a-half-year contract in March.

But now the Hammers want to speak to him about a five-year deal when they return from their North American tour.


Dennis Bergkamp hopes to take advantage of his relationship with Arsenal to boost Ajax's squad.

The Daily Mail says the former Gunners striker is keen for some of the youngsters from the club to come to the Dutch side on loan next season



Barcelona signing Alex Hleb has again blamed the London lifestyle on his decision to quit Arsenal.

"I am from Belarus and I was always with my family in December for Christmas and New Year, and it is very important," he said. "London was very hectic, it was really just football that helped me in that life.

"I wanted a change and Barcelona for me are the biggest team. It is my dream and I'm very happy. Now this is a different league and I hope I adapt as quickly as possible."

Hleb revealed Thierry Henry was helping him settle at the club, and he was also grateful to other former Arsenal colleagues.

"I never said anything bad about Arsene or Fabregas," the 27-year-old added. "This was just an English newspaper saying this. For me, Fabregas is my best friend and I had a good understanding with him on the pitch.

"Arsene Wenger, for me, is like a father. He gave me a lot and I learned a lot from him and I need to say thank you to him for the fact that I now play in Barcelona."

Hleb added: "If Arsene Wenger stays at Arsenal, they will always play at the top. I think he is everything for Arsenal."


People who read this post also read :




ARSENAL FIRST TEAM 2011-2012

SUBSCRIBE ARSENAL FANS BLOG IN A READER

ARSENAL FC NEWS

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

PREMIERSHIP NEWS