Arsenal Fans Store

Arsenal Fans Blog

Proud to be an Arsenal Fans

ARSENAL FUTURE IN DOUBT WITHOUT WENGER SAID HLEB



Barcelona signing Alex Hleb believes Arsenal will struggle to cope if Arsene Wenger ever chose to leave.

"Wenger is everything to Arsenal," he told The Daily Telegraph, "The future for Arsenal, if Wenger stays, is that they will always play at the top.

"But of course it is difficult now because Arsenal have a few political differences. When he leaves, I think this is a difficult time coming for Arsenal."



Hleb has backed Barca's interest in his former Gunners teammates Emmanuel Adebayor and Cesc Fabregas.

He told the Daily Telegraph: "Every team would like to keep these players. For me it would be fantastic if they came to Barcelona.

"Those players would bring good energy and power to this club. For Barcelona, it would be fantastic, and for me personally as well, if they leave.

He added: "Sometimes I think that Arsenal do not want to keep this team, not give something more."



Panathinaikos signing Gilberto Silva admits he's sad to be leaving Arsenal.

"I feel a bit sad, you know. I like many, many people at Arsenal and it has been fantastic this last six years at the club," Gilberto told Arsenal TV Online. "The good thing between us, me and Arsene, is that we have been clear in our conversation to play, which is normal because in the season before I played a big part.

"He told me in case I decide to leave he wouldn't stop me. It was my decision, he wanted me to stay, but at the end I didn't know, to be honest, if I would have a chance to play.

"Then I had this opportunity at Panathinaikos and I felt it was a great one in terms of playing games and a contract.

"I have three years there, when I only had one year left at Arsenal. I considered all these things to get this opportunity.

"It is fantastic because even though I haven't played much this year, at this stage [of my career] I have this opportunity to play in another club.

"It means over the years I have done the job well and people still believe in me."



Gilberto Silva also admits he doubts if Arsenal can win a trophy this season.
"This is what they need to achieve - start to win things," the new Panathinaikos midfielder told Arsenal TV Online.

"Of course there is massive pressure on them but people cannot forget they are still a young side and they have a lot to improve, to grow and to learn, but it will be very important to them if they win something this year.

"I am sure everyone at the club, Arsene, his staff, the players will do the maximum they can to achieve and win titles. This is the target and they won't change it.

"But it will be hard again. It won't be easy because the other teams are stronger than last year and Arsenal will have a hard season but I am confident they will handle it. I hope they can win this year."



Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry won two championships, two FA Cups and four Golden Boots during eight years in London and will now take his place in the National Football Museum Hall of Fame.

Earlier this month, Henry, who scored 226 times in 380 games for the North London club, was voted as the greatest Gunner of all time by fans via the club's official website.

Now, the 30-year-old is set for the National Football Museum Hall of Fame.

Although the ceremony will be held in London, the National Football Museum is located in Preston.

David Beckham and Paul Scholes also in the list.



Arsenal are planning a bid for Crystal Palace starlet Victor Moses.

The Sun says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants to add Moses, 17, to his squad and will start the bidding at around £1million.

But the Eagles would look for at least three times that amount.

Palace chairman Simon Jordan is still fuming after a tribunal ruled Tottenham would have to pay just £700,000 for promising 16-year-old John Bostock.



Gael Clichy has hailed fellow left-back and Arsenal teammate Armand Traore.

"He is a really powerful player," Clichy told Arsenal.com. "He is really fast and a type of player that we need. I hope he can help push me further as a player and that I can drag him up too.

"He is a really amazing player and I hope he will be focused this season because I can see a role for him. I really hope that he will make it."



Former Arsenal physio Gary Lewin rates Dennis Bergkamp as the most influential player at the Gunners in modern times.

"Dennis was the most influential because of his professionalism," said the East-Ham born Lewin, who is now part of Fabio Capello's England setup.

"But Tony Adams was the best leader."



Miguel Veloso's agent won't rule out a move away for the Sporting Lisbon midfielder.

Veloso has been linked with a move to Premier League club Arsenal and his agent, Paulo Bento, said: "He would be open to offers."

People who read this post also read :




ARSENAL FIRST TEAM 2011-2012

SUBSCRIBE ARSENAL FANS BLOG IN A READER

ARSENAL FC NEWS

PREMIER LEAGUE NEWS

PREMIERSHIP NEWS